The CP1 features two unique surfaces designed to complement and supplement each other. Our design and concept incorporate features and materials never before seen in the drum industry.
The FLEXX surface of the CP1 features industry first 3/4" thickness to create a unique response, resistance and feel.
Compared to standard solid gum or silicone rubber found in most pads, the FLEXX surface is softer in nature and texture. These characteristics are attained when a foaming agent is introduced into the rubber’s formulation process creating an air-filled cellular structure which rebounds back to its original shape quickly. The surface consists of connected cells that allow air to pass through when compressed, allowing for greater shock absorption while still retaining rebound. Overall, this surface offers a feel somewhere between a standard pad and a pillow.
At 1/2" in thickness, the WORKK surface is slightly thinner than it's FLEXX counterpart, however, offers a very different feel and response. This surface's overall composition and microcellular structure differs significantly which offers a completely different rebound profile.
With a softer quality, the WORKK side offers less overall bounce, though still provides a firmness allowing for strokes to be more audible than on a pillow or other completely dead surface.
When designing the REFLEXX substrate we wanted to address some of the most common problems we had seen throughout our experience.
Valchromat is an award winning, engineered colored wood. Valchromat’s unique physicomechanical characteristics and manufacturing process involve individually impregnating wood fibers with organic dyes which are then connected with a special resin.
With this cutting edge material, we’re able to achieve superior performance along with eco-friendly and environmentally conscious production.
- Colored throughout
- Nontoxic, CARB 2 compliant
- Moisture resistant
- Greater internal cohesion, load resistance, mechanical and flexural strength than most engineered wood products
- 100% Recyclable
Valchromat DOES NOT Source Wood From:
- Forest areas where civil or traditional rights are violated
- Forest areas of high conservation values threatened by forest management activities
- Genetically modified trees (GMOs)
- Forest areas exploited illegally
- Forest areas resulting from the conversion of natural forests to plantations or non-forest uses
Valchromat Manufacturing Processes Include:
- Manufacturing without waste: Valchromat’s production is aimed at reducing, or even eliminating environmental impact. All waste and bark resulting from the initial processes are reused to fuel the factory's steam boiler.
- Self-sufficiency on thermal energy: Valchromat’s manufacturing plant generates enough biomass to sustain its thermal energy requirements, without burning any fossil fuels.